Good as gold
Our gold-plated jewellery is created with strength and durability in mind.
From the sterling silver base to the 2-microns of gold-plating (double the average thickness), or 3-micron gold-plating also known as GOLD VERMEIL, we’ve designed it to last as long as possible.
And although the materials we use help prolong the inevitable, you can give it a fighting chance (and extend the life) by following the care instructions.
With proper care and storage the gold-plating can easily last for years, but in high-use cases, it may begin to wear off after 6 months.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR GOLD-PLATED JEWELLERY:
- Remove before washing hands, showering or swimming
- Wait until after you’ve applied makeup, hair spray, perfume and/or moisturiser to put your jewellery on
- Protect it from extreme heat and sunlight
- Gently rub with a jewellery cleaning cloth to restore shine and remove any tarnish
- Avoid abrasive compounds, which will wear away the gold layers
- If storing for long periods, place in an airtight bag to avoid tarnishing