This depends on the way you want your Brass piece to look.
For the golden shine it’s best to avoid exposure to water, salt water, sweat, cleaning and beauty products and physical abuse as much as possible.
- Remove before washing hands, showering or swimming.
- Wait until after you’ve applied makeup, hair spray, perfume and/or moisturiser to put your jewellery on.
- Gently rub with a jewellery cleaning cloth to restore shine and remove any tarnish.
- Avoid abrasive compounds, which will wear away the gold layers.
- If storing for long periods, place in an airtight bag to avoid tarnishing.
Brass is super durable and will never rust, and if your going for that vintage brass colour, you want accelerate the oxidation process as much as you can, this means you can wear the sh*# out of your new piece. Swim, shower, play sports, beach fashion, don't hold back, your solid Brass piece can take it.