How to care for you new jewellery
Thank you so much for making GMJ part of your jewellery collection. We hope you love your jewellery as much as we loved making it.
Here are a few tips to have your piece looking its best for a very long time.
Avoid Exposing your Jewellery to:
- Cleaning and beauty products
- Physical abuse
Ethiopian Opals need a lil extra care. Those guys are hydrophane, that means they absorb water, really quickly; resulting in TEMPORARY loss of colour until they dry out again. This discoloration may last from a few hours to a few days. Avoid oily substances at all costs.
Gold plated jewellery care
- Remove before washing hands, showering or swimming
- Wait until after you’ve applied makeup, hair spray, perfume and/or moisturiser to put your jewellery on
- Protect it from extreme heat and sunlight
- Gently rub with a jewellery cleaning cloth to restore shine and remove any tarnish
- Avoid abrasive compounds, which will wear away the gold layers
- If storing for long periods, place in an airtight bag to avoid tarnishing